Director of Family and Community Engagement
Our community partnerships offer rich extensions to the learning day in the form of enrichment, socio-emotional support, after school programming, mentoring, counseling, physical activity, and much much more. We value and nurture our community partnerships because our partners design programming especially for our children that align with our school values and strategic plan.
The Michael J. Perkins School successfully hosts events such as the Community Day of Scholars, International Potluck Literacy Night, Open Houses, and other school-wide assemblies with great family representation.
School-wide initiatives/programs such as Fun Fridays, Boys Group, Girls Group, Scholastic Book Fairs, and our Drops in the Bucket have positively heightened our school climate.
Our students and families benefit from community partnerships/programs such as the...
- BPS Health & Wellness Department
- Boston Housing Authority
- Boston University Dental School
- Boys & Girls Club of South Boston
- Boys & Girls Club of Dorchester
- Community Music Center for Boston
- Fourth Presbyterian Church of South Boston
- Handel & Haydn Music Program
- Harvard Graduate School of Education - NEW!
- Home for Little Wanderers - NEW!
- Home Depot (South Bay) - NEW!
- Home Depot (Watertown) - NEW!
- Joseph M. Tierney Learning Center
- Lesley University
- L & M Bargain Store
- MassSTART/Wediko Children’s Services
- Northeastern University School of Education
- The Paraclete Center
- South Boston Grows
- South Shore Mental Health
- The Mad Hatters Handmade Hats Program sponsored by Dana Farber
- We Do Care Inc.
- Kohl's Care
- Boston Children's Hospital